Rack of Spring Lamb Recipewith crushed potato, chorizo, red onion, rosemary and lemon butter
- For the lamb
- • 2 full racks of Grand Reserve Lamb (french trimmed and halved)
- • 1 1/2 lb of new potatoes (washed and quarted long ways)
- • 2 chorizo sausage (small cooking ones)
- • 3 thinly sliced red onions
- • A handful of cherry tomatoes and spring onions
- Rosemary and Lemon butter
- • 4oz of unsalted butter
- • Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- • 4-5 strands of fresh rosemary (picked and chopped)
For the lamb
• Ask your Newboulds butcher for a prepared rack of lamb. Heat oven to 220 degrees Celcius, Gas Mark 6.
• Seal your rack of lamb fat side down in a dry, hot frying pan, until golden brown.
• Season your lamb and place in the oven for 9-10 minutes (Medium). Remove from oven and lightly cover with foil and simply rest your lamb for a minimum of 8 minutes.
• Slice between bones and serve on top of crushed potato.
• Cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender. Drain in colander, whilst potatoes are in colander, put pan back onto the stove and add olive oil chorizo and red onion, sweat for 5-10 minutes.
• Gently crush potatoes in colander, now add to red onion and chorizo, mix well.