Beef Stroganoff with Braised Rice RecipeBeef Stroganoff with Braised Rice
- 1½ lb steak (sirloin or rump) cut into strips.
- 2 handfulls of ¼ button mushrooms
- ½ bunch of chopped spring onions
- 1/2 punnet of chopped cherry tomatoes
- ¾ pint of double or whipping cream
- 1 - 2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
- 1 - 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika, a few knobs of butter
- For Braised Rice:
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 1 Teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 chicken stock cube
- A few knobs of butter
- Enough boiled water to cover rice in pan by 1–1½ inches
For the beef
1. Heat a large frying pan and add a little olive oil and butter, now add your beef and seal for 2 – 3 mins.
2. Now add smoked paprika and Dijon Mustard and season, stir for 1 – 2 mins.
3. Add button mushrooms and cream, reduce by half.
4. Add cherry tomatoes and spring onions, and a few knobs of butter. Season and serve with rice and crusty bread.
For the rice: -
1. Add Rice to pan and pour hot water over.
2. Add Stock cube and Turmeric and simmer for 15 – 20 mins, or until cooked, add Butter and Season, Serve and Enjoy