Topside of Beef With Cajin Spices RecipeCajun Spiced Grand Reserve Topside with Roasted Vegetables, Minted Red Onions, Raita and Toasted Pitta Bread created by Crathorne Arms
- Cooking time:
- Rare: 20 mins per 450g/1lb plus 20 mins
- Medium: 25 mins per 450g/1lb plus 25 mins
- Well done: 30 mins per 450g/1lb plus 30 mins
- For the beef:
- 2 x 1.3kg/3lb lean topside joints
- 15g Cajun seasoning
- For the roasted vegetables:
- 5 parsnips, cut to even size
- 500g chantenay carrots, scrubbed
- 2tbsp cumin seeds
- 4tbsp oil
- For the minted onions:
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 1tbsp sugar
- 30g fresh mint, stalks separated, leaves chopped
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- For the raita:
- 30g fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and diced
- To serve:
- Fresh coriander , chopped
- Toasted pitta bread, sliced
InstructionsFor the beef:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Season the beef. Seal the beef on all sides in a very hot pan. Set the beef on a roasting rack in a roasting tray. Spread all over with the Cajun seasoning. Roast for the preferred cooking time, basting occasionally with any meat juices. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
2. Rest for 30 minutes before serving.
For the roasted vegetables:
3. Place the vegetables in a roasting tray with the cumin seeds and oil. Roast for 1 hour, basting occasionally. Just before serving, garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.
For the minted onions:
4. Mix together the red onions, sugar, the stalks from the mint and the white wine vinegar. Allow to infuse for 1 hour. Just before serving, remove and discard the mint stalks and add the chopped mint leaves.
For the raita:
5. Process the fresh mint, Greek yogurt and lemon juice together. Season to taste. Just before serving, stir in the cucumber.
6. Thinly slice the beef, and serve with the red onions, raita and the hot toasted pitta bread.