Charleston Sausage Brunch Recipe
Recipe provided by www.lovepork.co.uk
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 450g (1lb) Pork and Leek or Thin Pork sausages
- Corn Fritters:
- 170g (6oz) Plain flour
- 100g (4oz) Polenta cornmeal
- Pinch salt
- 2 x 5mlsp (2tsp) Baking powder
- 1 x 2.5mlsp (Â½tsp) Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Eggs
- 250ml Buttermilk
- 25g (1oz) Butter, melted
- 100g (4oz) Sweetcorn, frozen or tinned
- Maple syrup
Instructions• Place sausages under a preheated grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until golden brown and cooked through.
• Make Fritters: Place in a large bowl the flour, polenta, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
• Mix together and make a well in the centre.
• Add the eggs and using a whisk gently combine the eggs with the dry ingredients.
• Slowly add the buttermilk and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
• Add the melted butter and sweetcorn
• Heat a little oil in a pan.
• Place a large spoonful of the mixture into the hot pan. The mixture will spread slightly and then set and brown.
• Turn over after 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
• Cook the mixture in batches and keep the ‘fritters’ warm.