Pork Loin Steaks with Melting Mozzarella & Sage RecipeThis delicious summer dish takes 15 minutes to cook!
- Serves 4, takes 20 minutes to cook
- Oven temp Gas 4, 180ºC/350ºF
- 4 Newboulds lean pork loin steaks
- 50g (2oz) Mozzarella cheese (or similar) thickly sliced in to 4
- 8 Fresh sage leaves
- 4 Slices Parma ham or Newboulds streaky bacon
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) olive oil
InstructionsPre head oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC/350ºF. Place empty try in oven to heat through also
Place the pork steaks on board and with a sharp knife carefully make a slit horizontally in to the non fat edge of the pork. Continue until you have created a shallow pocked to stuff
Take a slice of cheese and two sage leaves and push in to the pocket. Season and wrap each steak in a slice of ham or bacon.
Heat oil in a frying pan and seal steaks on both sides. Place on the hot tray and cook for about 15-20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Serve with a seasonal green salad, crushed new potatoes and mixed olives