Fruity Pork Kebabs Recipe
These pork, nectarine and banana kebabs are easy to make and perfect on the BBQ.
- For the Fruity Pork Kebabs:
- Makes 6 kebabs, takes 15 mins
- 225g/8oz Newboulds lean pork loin steaks cut in to small cubes
- 12 rashers unsmoked dry cured bacon
- 1 peach or nectarine, stone removed and cut in to 6 wedges
- 1 banana, peeled and cut in to 6 chunks
- For the Chilli BBQ sauce
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 3 x 15mlsp (3tbsp) tomato ketchup
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) brown sauce
- 300ml (1/2) Pineapple juice
InstructionsTake each piece of fruit and wrap a bacon rasher around it. Then, using metal skewers thread each of the pieces of fruit plus 2 cubes of meat on to each skewer. Brush with oil.
Meanwhile heat the BBQ. Make sure the coals are hot and grey before you start cooking. Alternatively if it rains put the oven on!
Cook for about 15 minutes until browned and meat cooked through. If outside of the meat starts to catch cover with foil and adjust the grid height to move away from the heat to slow down the cooking.
Make chilli BBQ sauce: Heat oil in a small pan. Add the onion, apple and chilli and cook until softened. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes to reduce slightly.
Serve kebabs with the BBQ sauce