Pan Roasted Sirloin of Lamb RecipePan Roasted Sirloin of Lamb with Pancetta and Broad Bean Risotto created by Neil Bullock
- Cooking time:
- Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus
- 25 minutes
- Well done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus
- 30 minutes
- For the lamb:
- 10 x 200g lamb sirloins
- Oil, for frying
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the risotto:
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 375g risotto rice
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250g diced pancetta
- 75g butter, diced
- 1.5L warm chicken stock
- 250g broad beans, shelled weight
- 75g grated Parmesan cheese
- For the sauce:
- 150ml white wine
- 80g cold butter, diced
For the risotto:
1. Heat the oil in a suitable pan and add the rice, onion, garlic and half of the pancetta. Stir in the butter. Reduce the heat.
2. Gradually add the stock, stirring well between each addition, ensuring that all the stock is absorbed before adding more.
3. After about 25 minutes, when all the stock is used and the rice is cooked through (time taken will depend on rice, heat, etc), check for seasoning. Stir in the broad beans and pancetta and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the Parmesan.
For the lamb:
4. Preheat the oven to 200° C.
5. Season the meat. Heat some oil in a solid bottomed pan over high heat. Place the lamb in the pan fat side down, and seal on both sides.
6. Cook in the hot oven for 6-8 minutes. Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
For the sauce:
7. Whilst the meat is resting, make the sauce. Deglaze the pan with the wine, removing any pan residue.
8. Add the cold butter, whisk and emulsify.
9. Slice the lamb and arrange on the plate. Place a spoonful of risotto on the side of the plate. Spoon over the sauce and serve.