Citrus Spiced Skewers RecipeServes: 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus marinating time
Rare: 3-4 minutes on each side
Medium: 4-5 minutes on each side
Well done: 6-7 minutes on each side
- 450g/1lb lean beef sirloin, rump or topside steaks, cubed
- 15ml/1tbsp ground paprika
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 5ml/1tsp dried oregano
- 2.5ml/½tsp ground cumin
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 60ml/4tbsp Greek yogurt
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Small handful freshly chopped mint
- 100g bag watercress or rocket leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Instructions1. Thread the Grand Reserve steaks onto 4 short metal or wooden skewers. In a small bowl mix together the paprika, lemon, oregano and cumin with the olive oil and brush over the skewers. If time allows, marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. For the yogurt dressing, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice and the mint. Season.
3. For the salad mix together watercress or rocket leaves, fennel, and cucumber, and toss with the olive oil and lime. Season and chill until required.
4. Grill on a rack or barbecue according to preference under a moderate heat.
5. Serve the skewers with the salad, yogurt dressing and potato wedges.