Barbecue Beef Fajitas with Chilli Beans RecipePreparation time: 20 minutes
- 450g/1lb lean rump or sirloin steak
- 15ml/1tbsp dried marjoram or oregano
- 10ml/2tsp smoked paprika powder
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp tomato purÃ©e
- 1 x 410g can red kidney beans, drained
- 150ml/Â¼pint water
- 6-8 Mediterranean wraps
- To garnish;
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Sliced avocado, red onions
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Soured cream
1. Place the steaks in a shallow bowl and add the dried herb, smoked paprika and seasoning. Rub into the steaks on both sides, cover and refrigerate until required.
2. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, beans and water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
4. Cook the steaks according to your preference on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill.
5. Cut the steaks into slices and serve in a wrap with the garnishes