Paprika Lamb Skewers Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins, plus chilling time
Cooking: 12-16 minutes
- 675g/1½lb lean lamb mince
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 15ml/1tbsp smoked paprika powder
Instructions1 In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
2 Using slightly damp hands divide the mixture into 6 portions. Roll each portion into a sausage shape and mould around 6 long wooden (previously soaked in water) or metal skewers or 12 small skewers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
3 Cook the lamb skewers under a preheated moderate grill or prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
4 Serve the skewers on top of grilled Mediterranean flat bread, with a side salad and a dollop of houmous.