Stir Fried Beef Noodles Recipe
Kindly provided by EBLEX (the beef & lamb sector company)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 450g/1lb lean beef mince
- 60ml/4tbsp soy sauce
- 10ml/2tsp chilli sauce
- 60ml/4tbsp dry sherry or rice wine
- 1 x 5cm/2inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100g/4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 150g packs cooked noodles
- 1 x 120g sachet sweet soy and roasted red chilli stir-fry sauce or any stir-fry sauce of your choice
- Finely shredded fresh spring onions and chilli peppers to garnish
1 In a large bowl mix the mince, soy and chilli sauce, sherry or rice wine, ginger and garlic together.
2 Heat the oil in a large, non-stick wok or large frying pan. Add the beef and stir-fry for 5-10 minutes until brown. Add the spring onions, red pepper and mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes.
3 Add the noodles and stir-fry sauce. Heat through for 2-3 minutes tossing occasionally.
4 Garnish with the spring onions and chillies before serving.